Over the last several months, our development teams have been working on building a distributed room hosting solution, the Camfrog Distributed Server. We’re excited to announce that we are opening this software up to any room hosts who are looking for a scalable, distributed room hosting package.
Camfrog has always been about self-hosted rooms, and to continue on with this tradition, we have decided to discontinue our own room hosting service and enable all room owners to use our cloud technology with any hosting service. If you have an active purchased Camfrog Cloud server, please contact our support team and they will be glad to assist you with a refund.
Camfrog Distributed Server for Hosters will be available soon. Some of the features of having your own Cloud service, are:
· Scalable distributed hosting Distribute your Camfrog rooms across multiple servers, for even more reliability and capacity
· Exclusive TCP media streaming Take advantage of our new audio/video streaming technology, that uses a newly modified video system. The result? Faster, higher quality video, with significantly less lag, or pixelation.
· Web based startup and control Camfrog Cloud Server exists entirely “in the cloud.” Users do not need to download or install any server, or console software on their computer to open up, or manage their chatroom, instead they simply use our new, secure, web control panel!
· Visibility in Camfrog.com website As a Cloud Service provider, your company and website will be listed in the hosters directory on Camfrog.com, a special page where users looking to open a room in a cloud will be able to view available hosting providers in their geographic region.
· Support up to 10,000 users in 1 room Because Cloud server is distributed, you can have a room with up to 10,000 users!
Be sure to keep following our blog for more announcements and updates about the features and availability of Camfrog Cloud Server.