Camfrog Client 5.2 (Windows) Released
Version 5.2 changes include new one-on-one audio and video synchronization. This means that your audio and video should be in perfect sync when doing a one-on-one video chat.
More Changes and Upgrades:
- – Pause your video in a chat room and you are now broadcasting a frozen video frame instead of just a blank white video window. To test this join a video chat room, then pause your local video window. If the person you are viewing is paused and using this new version then you can see their still frozen video frame too.
- – From your contact list go to the actions/settings menus, then choose “video” to change your default video window sizes to “small” if you prefer. Many users requested that they wanted to be able to choose small sized video windows in rooms as default with the webcam auto-organizer. Now you can do this with the new version. You can also disable the webcam auto-organizer and turn on “Sticky Video Windows” if you prefer the old Camfrog 3.X video window style.
- – Video Chatting one-on-one should now work 100% of the time with the new version. The old client versions could rarely fail in extreme circumstances, but after a lot of hard work we have figured out how to make this version 100% reliable. If you find your private video chat is still failing somehow and both users are using this new beta please let us know so we can investigate.
- – If you are a free user you’ll notice when you join a room your remote video windows are now small even if the room is in “recommended” or “super” mode. Don’t worry, you can still view large video. Mouse over the remote video window and press the enlarge icon to make the remote video window large again. We made this change so users with small screens can choose to see others with small video windows to save screen real estate.
- – Join a video chat room and right click your local video window to “resize all windows” simultaneously.
- – Go to the “view” menu in the chat room window to choose to “highlight friends”. If “highlight friends” is activated and one of your friends from your profile is in a room his or her name will then be highlighted.
- – New language packs have been added: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional.