Camfrog 6.0.92 is now available for download.

Camfrog 6.0.92 allows font and color changes, plus it fixed a problem where user age/sex did not appear on mouse over in video chat rooms.  We have also fixed a problem where some IM messages would disappear unexpectedly, a problem with Polish keyboards, and speed up the room list.

Download Camfrog 6.0.92 Now!

Comments on: "Camfrog 6.0.92 (Windows) Released" (95)

1. The new “audio meter” system isnt as accurate or visually pleasing as the previous. Also there should be a darker color skin for non-gay men,. enough with lilac and pink!

2. creed456 said:

What is this: “The version of Camfrog you are using is outdated and no longer supported. Download the latest version from http://download.camfrod.com“? You realy wanna force the users now to use the CF 6.0 client?

3. I FIND THIS A VERY BAD SERVICE, YES WE WERE FORCED TO UPGRADE TO 6 & NOW MANY USERS CANNOT CONTINUE TO USE FULLY WORKING CAMFROG SOFTWARE. I LIKE OTHERS ALSO SPENT MONEY ON WEBCAM EXTRA SOFTWARE AS CAMFROG USED TO BE S MUCH FUN. BUT NOW I CANT; 1 – IM USERS, OR VIEW THEIR IM’S TO ME, 2 – CONNECTION WAS BAD TO SOME ROOMS BEFORE, BUT NOW ITS EVEN WORSE.
    IS THERE AN APPROPRIATE MONITORING BODY WE CAN OFFICIAL COMPLAIN TO? MAYBE IF WE ALL DID THIS, CAMFROG WOULD OFFER A BETTER SERVICE. CAMFROG PLEASE FIX THIS & SOON, ESPECIALLY AS WE WERE FORCED TO UPGRADE, THANK IS VERY BAD PRACTICE IF YOU CANNOT OFFER A FULLY WORKING SYSTEM. CAMFROG ADDICT

4. ALSO MY CAM NOW MOVES IN SLOW MOTION & STUTTERS, PLEASE HELP! SOON THANK YOU

5. i also cannot view text in rooms or type text in rooms -please assit

6. sorry i cant edit here, so posting again; emotions not showing just a big white square where they should be when you click on the symbol, so cant send those either

7. It seems that Camfrog is going to push out 5.5, which is the last version with accurate understanding of volume control for the mic. The new ’round’ colored controls are not only poorly thought, but inaccurate to the actual volume level a user transmits into a room. I cannot for the life of me understand why some of the standard functions that WORK, and have been tested by time, are being sacrificed for design elements and a more modern look. Some of the modifications that your designers/coders are making are not well thought at all. You’ve seen this already in the response to the removal of font selections, which quite frankly is completely ridiculous, and as well the initial changes made in the buddy list. Granted those features have been changed back to their prior functionality, but this new volume meter is crap, in plain English. Camfrog should take into consideration the musician/DJ population that have been devoted users of both client and server apps since day 1.

On another note, the color selections chosen for skins are catering to the pastel flower lovers, fine. What about some raw basics like BLACK, helllloooo, seriously I feel like I am bound to a bad episode of Bob Ross meets The Pastel Pony.

Ya’ll are spending too much time fixing car tires that were never flat to begin with. All this energy into a new roll-out and still no stereo audio, or bandwidth throttle to track the latency issue between audio and video.

There has been alot of feedback regarding audio skipping, similar to the way a CD will re-track itself and play the same bit of audio again.

Thank you for the previous client version, I wish myself and friends could same the same for v6.

8. Logan,

We will add an option to have an older mic style and we have plans for a black skin also.

9. Logan,

We are trying to recreate the audio skipping also. So far we haven’t seen the problem.

10. Admin , why quality sound not good used CF 6 ? , with CF 5.5 , same sounds very good same with playing music on winamp.

simply input for team programmer

thanks.

11. Help! I cant get in also, its always with respond error, invalid nickname and password, I tried to change nick but still it doesnt work . I also tried to download and install a new version but nothing happened.. What should i do. I miz my rum..Uhhh!

12. Eyah, that’s weird, can you try registering a new nickname for now, then have your password resent to you?

13. I found 3 bugs on the recent 6.0 build, 1. When you go to send a snappy they are white, and makes the other users cam smaller, and sometimes it doesn’t work. 2. When a user pauses i notice sometimes that a “Play” and “Stop” butotn appears on the cam, could be cause its the user you tryed to send a snappy too. ‎3. The scrolling text in chatrooms sometimes get stuck and you have to scroll down to see the latest messages which is annoying then it goes back up. (anyone else getting these)?

14. Dear CF still no reply so im posting again, camfrog please fix soon or inform me how to overcome these faults with V6, i cannot;

1 – IM USERS, OR VIEW THEIR IM’S TO ME,

2 – CONNECTION WAS BAD TO SOME ROOMS BEFORE, BUT NOW ITS EVEN WORSE, with many rooms i can connect to that i could before.

3- MY CAM NOW MOVES IN SLOW MOTION & STOPS & STARTS , PLEASE HELP!
    4- I cannot view text in rooms or type text in rooms
    5 – Emotions not showing just a big white square where they should be when you click on the symbols, so cant send those either

please camfrog if you cant assist me here further, please inform me who i can contact for assistance, i am a pro user so ive paid for this service also & still not able to use v6 software fully, so you should be looking to compensate me for the loss of these features as i paid for pro use, so now i havent got what i initially paid for, thats not the right way to conduct business these days. v5 worked just fine! – please assist me – Tohn

15. The old mic style would be greatly appreciated, or even something with an accuracy capacity relative to bars (as present in 5.5 and prior) or numbers even. I think the aspect to pay attention to here as far as functionality goes is this is an A/V application. To present inaccurate audio control is counterproductive to the cause. The new controls leave too much “slack” in the ability to present acceptable audio levels. I’d add an additional comment that may be a valuable consideration for your development team. Camfrog is no doubt a very successful A/V platform and in many aspects it does in fact blow away rival applications. Since the focus of the application is an interactive audio/video chat environment what about paying attention to the earlier comments given regarding the capacity for a stereo audio feature and throttling to synch A/V. I am sure you guys must know well that the audio and video signals do not match due to latency. Why not add a simple slider in the client that can intentionally add latency to audio and video so that A/V can synchronize? It would seem at present the only way to achieve near synchronization of the audio and video streams is to drop the framerate on a cam, of course upon doins so the video performance results visually are obviously disappointing.

Thanks for the response. It is good to know you Camfrog geeks pay attention.

16. Logan, we are investigating synching audio/video but it’s kind of complicated.

Tohn, I don’t understand your #1, your other bugs we know about I think so the next release should solve it.

17. Synching A/V may not be as complicated as you think. Since you are already working with 2 seperate streams, consider an intentional delay on one of your streams to match the other by simulating a “catch up”. You can take a general latency milisecond average for example and loop the stream to match the average before you release it for transmission from the client. The user can preview the stream similiarly to viewing the remote cam feature that can be done when in a room. Basically, waste some clock time. It could never be perfect of course but it could be pretty damn close.

18. Help! I cant get in also, its always with respond error, invalid nickname and password, I tried to change nick but still it doesnt work . I also tried to download and install a new version but nothing happened.. What should i do. I miz my rum..Uhhh!

19. camfrog 6.0.92 is a good version…. but y cant i log any of my ID’s and it requires the password of my old id which has been hacked…. same pop up windows appears… pls help me…. 😦

20. RusticSpider said:

The emoticon (*) is a problem bug – my bot sends lots of them on greeting and it dosnt look good at the moment. The sooner that this is fixed the better. The only other thing i can find is it lacks that “Show Users in room Count” option. I find this frustrating as i have to constantly use the stats command to get some idea of how many are in the room. Otherwise the new version is great.

21. ahhh ok i found the room count now its at the top of the room user list. There seems to be some other minor problem with system fonts using the now not working are showing up as readable characters. Is there any plans to have this function re-instaated or do i have to reprogram my bot messages to accomidate?

22. RusticSpider said:

thats the now not working bold and italic markers

23. I am tryin to logon, however, I keep getting a popup saying that my version is no longer supported. I have downloaded 6.0.92 and it’s still not working!

What am I doin wrong?

24. can you please allow the 5.5.236 version because it’s more compatible with my ISP… newer version has lots of problems…thank you

25. PANTRO2130 said:

i installed camfrog server free on my pc running windows xp but every time i try to conect with camfrog client to the room i cant , it says firewall and router problems , i am planning to buy server pro for a meetings reunions at work but i dont wanna waste my money if cant get it working and i really need it . please help me

26. With camfrog 6 PRO, contacts are not highlighted anymore when I am in a room.
    2- No more sort on age/name etc.. on users list and need to press laod to see the whole list. Why???
    The Camfrog icon is much too large

I would like to go back to the excellent camfrog 5.5 but I can’t .. why?

27. creed456 said:

As you can see nobody wanna use your 6.0 version. So why you force peoples to use a new version if you know the old 5.5 is much better? You guys ruined the Camfrog community already. I could cry if i watch the camfrog stats on alexa.

28. creed456 said:

@PANTRO2130

You have to open TCP and UDP ports in your router. Open the same port range as you use in the server setup.

29. Dear admin, thank you for your reply, you mentioned that ‘I don’t understand your #1, so i will try to clarify this point;

1 – IM USERS, OR VIEW THEIR IM’S TO ME, i cannot type an IM (instant message) to any users & when a user tries to IM (instant message) me all i see if a blank box where their IM should appear to be, this is also common with that i cannot also IM in chat rooms on the main screen & or therefore send emotions either as i cant even see them, just a white box where they should appear to be- i hope thats helps?

i very much look forward to the next fix soon! Any details when this will be roughly? thanks again Tohn- cf addict

30. Scarface said:

no released!

is problem snapshort -,-

31. @PANTRO2130

This is a disucssion about the new Camfrog release dude. Your issue has to do with port forwarding. If your hosting on your own gear ya need a little knowledge on requests coming into your router and what to do with them. Google ‘port forwarding’ and ‘application hosting through a router’. If you have any friends with experience hosting applications, might be a good idea to talk to one.

32. ADMINS

33. since forced to updgrade my webcam is slow & sometimes freezes, also viewing others webcams when you look at them is slow motion also – please fix soon!

34. o0o_AfRiQuE_Du_NoRd_o0o said:

wooooooooooooooooooooooow camfrog 6.0.92 thank you for your reply. (k)

35. im a bit annoyed i was forced to upgrade to 6.0 ( 92 ) as 5.5 worked perfectly .. i run 6.0 (72) on laptop and its fine.. but the sound on the 92 build is choppy as hell..i can barely understand anything people are sayin which spoils the time spent in my room not being able to hear my friends.. also since being FORCED to get (92) once ive clicked the mic to talk in general conversation (few words spoke..release mic..friend responds.. i reply) after about a 20-30 minute chat ..soon as i hit the mic again.. my pc reboots .. only since this damn upgrade.. id like the option to have 5.5 back ..it never gave me any problems

36. Kurokokai said:

Admin ~ I left message a few days ago. I have gone to camfrog to download the 6.0, which actually sends me the 5.5 dowload. I am unable to logon, as it says the version I have is outdated and I must download the new version. I am a Pro code user, and I am very upset that I can’t get logged on. Please help.

37. is there anyway i can download the 6.0 Build 77 ? ..not 72 as i said before

38. seems like it will being force to upgrade to 6.0 soon. please allow me to have a request here and please consider my request. please don’t hide the cfresource file in the installation folder. we used to add a custom emoticons for more fun while chatting in between our friends. this is the reason why we didn’t upgrade to 6.0 until now. well, i know we just a small portion of user that use custom emoticons and may be it doesn’t matter you. but please consider it admin. we beg for it.

39. Since I have downloaded Version 6 I cannot enter rooms. I am running Windows XP Pro and continually receive a Microsoft error message saying Camfrog has encountered a problem. It then closes Camfrog down. Any reason for this?

40. The audio ‘skipping’ anomoly is definitly verified.

Server: v 4.3
    Clients: v6.80 and 5.5.241

A user putting audio in the room on 6.80 is periodically heard by another user on a 6.80 client with audio skipping similar to a skipping CD. Simultanously I hear the same audio perfectly on 5.5.241.

All users and server ‘local’ USA to one another, all on Cable/FIOS connections, historically never hearing the condition before. This has been observed on at least 3-4 occassions.

41. Amending that last post to 6.92 and not 6.80

42. ammend my cam to work, but how??

43. so how long do we have to wait till an older build THAT WORKED FINE is available again or you bring out another non working update to fix half the shit wrong with this 1 .. many of my friends are experiencing the choppy sound and im kinda getting PISSED when i try and use mic its rebooting my pc .. yes i could stick to typing..but old habbits die hard.. i paid for a working programme.. i get a broken 1 ..thanks

44. steph_paris_fr said:

grrrrrrrrrrr, chatroom list in background is relay boring !!!!

45. Hello Admin !!

Very Good Camfrog 6.0.92 (Windows) Released !

Thanks you !!!