It is urgent all room owners upgrade their Camfrog Server software to the newest versions by March 15th or your room will be unable to sign on to Camfrog.

This simple upgrade is required because we are switching to a new higher quality video system and all servers/clients must be upgraded to see the video quality improvements and CPU usage decreases.

IMPORTANT:  Some room owners seem to think they must switch to Camfrog Advanced Server to avoid the block.  This is false!  You can continue to use our basic Camfrog Server software as usual, just upgrade to Camfrog Server version 4.3. We will continue to support and update Camfrog Server indefinitely.  Camfrog Advanced Server is a completely different product made for sophisticated users who host many rooms on one server.

Please download and upgrade your server by following one of the links below.

Download (Windows) – Camfrog Server 4.3Camfrog Advanced Server 5.0

Download (Linux) – Camfrog Server 4.3 or 5.0

Comments on: "Upgrade your Camfrog Server or be Blocked!" (28)

1. I see that 4.3, better then 5.0 !

2. I see that 4.3, better than 5.0 !

3. Soj, they are separate products. You can use either one.

4. Billy0329 said:

Since Camfrog is force us to upgrade. SignLanguage need to upgrade ASAP.

Room data logging, the line breaks are not working, the entire
    log is on a few lines. Not readable as the old logs were.

6. frogfuzion said:

@Zoomshorts

Use wordpad or a notepad alternative like notepad2 or notepad++ that supports unix/linux line breaks to view the logs in their designed format.

7. Dellapple said:

frogfuzion…Notepad2 sounds great! But I am using kermit and miss piggy. I still get weird read and very mess up. Is something wrong with kermit/miss piggy? Camfrog server 4.2 works great with miss piggy and kermit until Camfrog server 4.3 changes the lines.

Thanks FrogFuzion,
    I really do not want to stray from what was working for over 6 years.
    I should not have to kowtow to the *nix crowd. Sure, I have my Ubuntu
    machine to play on, but the majority of users are WINDOWS users.

There was no valid reason to change the format. None. Notepad should
    open the file, as it has for years, properly.

I can use Vi and EMACS, but why? *nix’s are still the minority in the user world. Sure, a *Nix is fine for a server, but I would wager that over 90 percent of users use WINDOWS, not Linux.

9. Macguiver said:

Zoomshorts, you can open them with Wordpad, by going to your Windows Run dialog, and typing wordpad.exe and then opening the file with that. Or right click the file, and choose ‘open with’ and select wordpad. You don’t need to have a Linux computer 😉

10. Could the camfrog forums not be reopened with a suggestion thread?
    So we could post such suggestions as multi audio channels in rooms, so someone could be hapily playing music, and you could flick to chan 2 and have voice chat, or chan 3 for a locked admin chat?

How about irc style Wildcard and hostmask bans whilst we’re at it?
    ban *.il to ban everyone from israel for instance.

11. Jamie,

We are working on some stuff I think you’ll like, thanks!

12. GARDENERS said:

i like to think that camfrog will look in to haveing new colers pink for girls .. gold for he server owners and i love to see a new camfrog look like the client needs one as it same old one for yeas ya that channels suggestion sound good but i dont think anly room use it but new colers yes we all like that and a new look yes asp if u can lol i love camfrog beter that all the chat out there

good work camfrog admin

I like the idea of the REAL room owner, the person who paid for the code, being gold in color, I suggest FFB800 as the color. Only ONE real owner per room.

A ‘couples’ icon would be nice. Sadly, most ‘couples’ are solo men trying to appear more accessible to the ladies. Most ‘couples’ never have the other half of the ‘couple’ in evidence at all.

Wildcard banning would be nice, or Language banning. I know when I enter a room, I always speak the room’s language(s) or I do not enter. I have no time to teach another user how to speak MY language, and why allow people who cannot read or understand the room rules, to enter at all? I pay for the code and bandwidth. I want MORE control, not less.

The present colors are fine for me as far as the look and feel goes. Many people are crazy about ‘skins’ for the apps they run. I can do without more stuff to go wrong in programs I use. Too many ‘choices’ become Feature Creep, and as such are meaningless.

14. frogfuzion said:

Or designate a different color for opplus, so rooms can start cutting down on the amount of users with owner status, and designate them as opplus instead. That way we won’t have as many people playing with setopts when the REAL owners should be the only ones with access.

Owner status seems to have lost its importance lately, with rooms opping everyone to owner status just because green is too far a step down for their friends.

When Camfrog added room friends and owners, it was supposedly for two reasons,
    1) To designate people who contributed to the room and could be trusted
    2) To show who actually paid for the room operation

Jon Hanson also said that users were not happy that OP+’s could see their IP address. Only owners could see the IP address now. What that brilliant move led to was rooms full of ‘owners’.

Personally, as an owner, I prefer to choose who can and cannot see IP addresses. Today, the owner is just an OP+ with a red color. Frankly, with the correct tools, anyone can see IP addresses plus other nice information.

What I would really like, is if Camfrog could make people under 18 years of age minors and 18 years of age and older adults. In most countries 18 is the age of majority. I run a small room for teen users and 18 and 19 year olds visit. They are technically, in the US, adults and should not be included in a ‘teen’ room.

16. GARDENERS said:

when is camfrog stoping 2 rooms on 1 codes it not rite becouse host rip off users all the time there host a room for chep on your code but then use the code a gane and some paying 30 pounds a room that wong and can not be a load when will camfrog sort his out in the tos it sead 1 room on one code

IF a host steals your code, write to Camfrog, by forwarding the email you received when you first purchased your code. Explain that your code has been hijacked and they will most likely deactivate your old code and issue a new code. Camfrog is nice like that.

18. GARDENERS said:

RITE I AM SICK OFF THEM UERS WHO ARE AGE 100+ WHY HAVE A AGE LIKE THAT WILL MYBE IT BECOUSE THERE CAN GET IN THE 18+ ROOM WHEN HE ALL SHE 17 AND YOUNGER CAMFROG HAVE SEAD THAT IT WOULD BE LOOK IN TWO BUT NO IT NOT IT A BOUT TIME CAMFROG SETUP IT WARE WE HAVE TO ADD A CEDIT CARD IF U ARE OVER 17 I HAVE SEEN THIS WEEK 34 USERS ON 18+ NAME WHEN I CAN SEE THAT THAY ARE UNDER 18 I HAVE REPORTED THIS LOST OFF TIMES BUT NOT NONE IT A BOUT TIME SOME SORT THIS OUT

I agree about the users with ages of 100. Actually, I have only seen ONE user who claimed to be 86 that was actually looking their age. Camfrog needs to delete these users and BAN them.
    While older people could use Camfrog, most people with these ages are liars.
    Camfrog needs to remove ALL of these users as a standard response. It id fraud and a lie. 99.999 percent of the time.

It should be a program thing. Pap can do it, but Camfrog seems to think these ‘users’ are legitimate. Pity they do that.

20. We seem to be side tracking the actually reason for this Blog Post.

But yes Reds in a room seem to think because there Owners they can make as many Blues and Greens as they wish, change server setings etc…

Gold for Main Room Owner (paying owner) is the best option,with access to colour and server options only, this will stop this happening.

Op+ maybe a light green or dark green to the green Op’s currently are.

How about a totally different Icon the Owners/Ops and Friends, just a idea, bit like TOS who has his own, not that we see him much (winks).

But I am sure camfrog have a few suprises on the next release, to freshen things up.

Pete

What would be really nice is the ability to allow room owners to turn off the NEON fonts in the text. (6)

22. Macguiver said:

If you go to the ‘Privacy and Safety’ settings tab, you can check the box “Show all messages in simple black font” which will make all text in plain black text, so it’s easier to read.

Well that is wonderful ! I am kidding, I know about that feature, but I am talking about removing USER font color choices for those of us who own rooms. It would be easier to block silly colors rather than try to walk users through how to see stuff in black and white. I enjoy the colors, just not some of the user choices. I think most of us use a white background.

In that scenario, neon fonts stink.

24. I Prefer server 5..0 except for the bug that is keeping most of my users from wanting to upgrade to 5.0 vs 4.3 !!!!!! Fix that bug =D pLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

25. PattayaAdict said:

Downloaded 2.1.3064 today and it does not work on Max 10.5.8 Dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5.

Instructions say it will work with G4 over 1GHz or G5.

Dead in the water to view cams now.

26. 0V0H0RNET said:

I am trying to use Camfrog 2.1 on the mac and it says that it does not support my system evn though the spec say that 10.4 is supported. I am trying to run it on a Macintosh G5 With Dual 2 G processors and using 10.4.11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

27. macgiga said:

New video streaming for Mac does not run on my iMac G5 with iSight.

28. antileech said:

I try to install 5 version for Centos Linux, but when i run the server my room can’t open. I have OK status but the room can’t open. I don’t have this problem on 4.3 old version. You don’t have any info step by step how to install 5 version maybe i can find what i do wrong ?