Camfrog Beta Test Tips

Here are some tips to make your Camfrog 5.2.148 beta experience better.

1. This new Camfrog version uses Direct3D for video rendering.  It is very important that you update your video drivers and DirectX when using this new software version.

ATI Video Card DriversNvidia Video Card DriversDirect X

2. Please avoid running any games that use Direct3D simultaneously with Camfrog.

3. If you have any video problems please follow these instructions to file a report with our support team.

A) Right click on the desktop.

Windows XP and 2000 users: select “Properties”, click the “Settings” tab, press the “Advanced” button and then choose the “Troubleshooting” tab.

Windows Vista users: select “Personalize”, click “Display Settings”, press the “Advanced” button, select the “Troubleshooting” tab, then press “Change Settings”.  Make sure hardware acceleration is turned on where the slider has selected maximum hardware acceleration.

B) Make sure your video driver does not restrict hardware acceleration.

C) If you are in multi-monitor mode try switching to single-monitor mode.

Thank you for helping us beta test Camfrog 5.2.

Comments on: "Camfrog Beta Test Tips" (22)

1. insanely_cold said:

I understand that this is a beta and Camfrog are looking to improve video quality, however, what does this mean for the average user who might not own an expensive graphics card? Whats is Direct3D and why should we be concerned that Camfrog is using it? And how will this effect my Camfrog experience?

I’m running Vista and my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9550) does not support hardware acceleration. Does this mean greater empahsis will be placed on the cpu and hence slowing my machine? Will i need to upgrade my graphics card to fully appreciate the modifications or can i get by without it?

Im not looking to punch holes in Camfrog’s efforts to improve, what i believe to be, an excellent software, however, i would appreciate a more detailed explanation of new features/tips/mods to encopmass a broader spectrum of users. Thanks.

2. Users with low quality hardware will not be left out. This is a beta release, not a final version release. If we did not care about users with low quality hardware we would have made this a final release.

If you are using low quality hardware Camfrog should detect this in the final version and use a different multimedia system.

I hope this answers your question.

3. Also you asked about Direct3D. Basically Direct3D allows us to do cool new things with video streaming that we could not do before. Some users with slower hardware may possibly miss out on a few of these new features but they will not have less features than they currently have. The final version of the software will detect your hardware limitations and act accordingly.

4. insanely_cold said:

Thank you for the quick and informative response. I’ll look forward to the new release.

5. Just wanted to ask the new beta version is taking a lot of memory space on the Ram and slows down my system

6. pedro_david said:

– working good.
    – thanks for the SMALL WINDOW SIZE 1×05
    – but the bock users thing: would appreciate a permanent X icon over them instead when it appears when I do ignore just to avoid clicking over and over again to get the “X”

* thanks frog people. : D

7. Great info TY Admins 🙂

Benjamin

8. version crashes at using dvb – c ,dvb-s cards
    sometimes camfrog needet 80 % cpu power only with 2 cams
    camfrog crashes sometimes down with software dvbdream,windvr 3,dvbviewer pro

9. This version is using alot of CPU I’m reaching 70 %

10. I’m reaching 99% xD
    need to fix it or we need to close Camfrog by killing process all the time 😦

11. process run 100 % CPU :O

(ST) ยังไม่ต้องโหลดมาใช้กันนะครับสัหรับเวอร์ชั่นนี้ทำให้กินทรัพยากรเครื่องมากๆ ซีพียู รัน 100% กันเลยทีเดียว เครื่องอืดเลยตู :-/

12. DJ_OMORJnAN said:

we need ver 3.94 😦

13. JusT asking for new version (beta)
    great informations admin
    go on :p

14. – I will report A small Security Bug

😉 – The Client in the Camfrog Is infected with Client Password & Sérial Disclosure Vulnerability

that King of exploit or Bugs is classed like Credentials Information Leak

we can GeT The password & Sérial With a simple Dump Of camfrog Vedio Chat.exe Proccess in the memory and with that think we can Get the pass & The sérial Without Any Cryptation

Some programmer Are trying To Code Some Stealer That can Make Fst dump From the Memry And Get the Pass

The Solution in that King Of problem is Crypting the Pass & … with Some cryptation Method & private For camfrog

Soorry For My Bad English 🙂 Bye & Thanks Camfrog Team :):) For The Good Job

15. Tolis123 said:

It’s work perfect to me…

I don’t find useful the freeze frame ….(i unistall the BETAm because of it)

Finally, I think that is opportunity to correct the “Ignore user”.
    Is Spasmophiliacs to click again & again & again (x3 times), to ignore a user, over his window.

U r the best , but u w’ll be better !!!!

16. pedro_david said:

– AMD power monitor cant reach minimum cpu frequency, even when I’m only signed in. (from a normal x2 5000+ cpu) (setup for minimum power management)
    : (
    cheers.

17. HurricaneP said:

well i tested it some and it looks nice with some great features, i set all the video settings defaults to size 1×0.5, sometimes in the rooms my video would be frozen and not broadcast, i do not know why, sometimes it would just completely shut down on its own, i have not tested the one on one video so i do not know, one thing i did do that i am very happy about is i installed again 5.1 without uninstalling 5.2 and inside the rooms the default sizes of videos are still 1×0.5 and i love it, yet cpu usage i wish was lower, RAM is not a problem because i have 2.0 GB, cpu usage i am concerned about because camfrog and manycam together use about 60-80% when i am in the rooms, i was confused on why the download page says 5.2.148 beta and yet the download thing downloads 5.2.146, is this some kind of typo of the page??

18. we want skins for camfrog 5.1 and 5.2 beta

EX:- skins make camfrog 5.1 like camfrog mac

sky skins
    red skin

it will be better with skins ;d

Biker_Boyz = Camfrog satan :$

19. from when the new video programs Camfrog 5.3??

20. RazielSpirit said:

Just downloaded the 5.2.148, no problems so far. I have vista and it seems when you get that pop up with vista when ever u open a program to verify to open it, cmafrog doesn’t change the colors back to basic..WOW, great job camfrog!!

21. Razielspirit said:

Hum, I did notice the cpu usage was very high so I had no choice to go back to the previous final release.If they can fix this issue then I see no other issues with the beta 5.2.148.

22. sugardog said:

as soon as i tried to open a camera my cpu process went through the roof and system said my virtual memory was not set right… seems camfrog really needs to work on the cpu usage on this product, does same thing on earlier versions but not as bad.