Tonight join HalloweenCamfrog room to celebrate Halloween. Show off your Halloween costume with everyone on Camfrog. Please join us by going to the Camfrog contact list, then click “Join Chat”, and then type in “HalloweenCamfrog” to join the room! Happy Halloween!
Archive for October, 2008
Due to the popularity of virtual gift drinks we have introduced 9 new platinum virtual gifts with drink themes. You can now buy a platinum beer stein, a flaming drink, a frog beer, a frog cocktail, a pina colada, a pint, a box of vintage wine, vodka, or whiskey. Four of our new drinks are below. Check out the virtual gift page to view all the new gifts.
Here are some tips to make your Camfrog 5.2.148 beta experience better.
1. This new Camfrog version uses Direct3D for video rendering. It is very important that you update your video drivers and DirectX when using this new software version.
2. Please avoid running any games that use Direct3D simultaneously with Camfrog.
3. If you have any video problems please follow these instructions to file a report with our support team.
A) Right click on the desktop.
Windows XP and 2000 users: select “Properties”, click the “Settings” tab, press the “Advanced” button and then choose the “Troubleshooting” tab.
Windows Vista users: select “Personalize”, click “Display Settings”, press the “Advanced” button, select the “Troubleshooting” tab, then press “Change Settings”. Make sure hardware acceleration is turned on where the slider has selected maximum hardware acceleration.
B) Make sure your video driver does not restrict hardware acceleration.
C) If you are in multi-monitor mode try switching to single-monitor mode.
Thank you for helping us beta test Camfrog 5.2.
Camfrog Client 5.2.148 Beta (Windows) is now available for beta testing. This new beta version is only available to blog readers and it has not been announced anywhere else on our website. Please report any bugs to our helpdesk or post your results here on the blog.
This new beta version has many new features that we would like you to test.
1. Video chat privately with a friend to test out the new audio and video synchronization. Please note the new client private video chat is incompatible with the old version, so to test this the person you are testing with also needs the new beta.
2. Pause your video in a chat room and you are now broadcasting a frozen video frame instead of just a blank white video window. To test this join a video chat room, then pause your local video window. If the person you are viewing is paused and using this new beta then you can see their still frozen video frame too.
3. From your contact list go to the actions/settings menus, then choose “video” to change your default video window sizes to “small” if you prefer. Many users requested that they wanted to be able to choose small sized video windows in rooms as default with the webcam auto-organizer. Now you can do this with the new beta version. You can also disable the webcam auto-organizer and turn on “Sticky Video Windows” if you prefer the old Camfrog 3.X video window style.
4. Video Chatting one-on-one should now work 100% of the time with the new beta version. The old client versions could rarely fail in extreme circumstances, but after a lot of hard work we have figured out how to make this version 100% reliable. If you find your private video chat is still failing somehow and both users are using this new beta please let us know so we can investigate.
5. If you are a free user you’ll notice when you join a room your remote video windows are now small even if the room is in “recommended” or “super” mode. Don’t worry, you can still view large video. Mouse over the remote video window and press the enlarge icon to make the remote video window large again. We made this change so users with small screens can choose to see others with small video windows to save screen real estate.
There are also many other small enhancements to make the software work efficiently, and now Arabic is a language you can choose during installation.
Important: Please test carefully and email us or post comments if you find any problems with this new release. Thank you for your help.
Camfrog Mac 1.7.2806 is now available for download. This new version has many bug fixes, improved stability, a new design for free users when joining video chat rooms, and the overall performance of the software is now improved.
Camfrog may be temporarily unavailable for a short time period on both October 14th and 15th. The temporary outage will probably occur around 9PM PST on one or both of these days. We are upgrading our servers to keep Camfrog hopping.
Thank you for using Camfrog.
Today Camfrog Server version 4.2 for Windows and Linux was released to the public. This new server version improves anti-spam and anti-flood protection, has a new SSL encrypted web interface, and has miscellaneous stability and performance updates.
Please upgrade to Camfrog Server 4.2 as soon as possible to improve your Camfrog Video Chat experience.
Download Camfrog Server 4.2 Now