Did you know you can report Camfrog client stability problems directly to the Camfrog development team?  Ever since Camfrog version 3.91 we have given Camfrog client for Windows a special debug mode that allows users to create special logs and send them on to our developers for investigation.

If you are having stability problems with Camfrog client visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, then scroll down to where it says “I am still having multimedia problems…” and follow the instructions to send a report to our team.

Thank you for filing these reports and helping to keep Camfrog high quality and extremely stable.

Comments on: "Reporting Camfrog Instability Problems" (27)

1. HeyMonkey said:

With Camfrog 1.7 Its been noticed that my Cam is glitching quite badly now. Image looks ok, then just looks like a bit of a mess. I’m using a MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Leopard O/S 10.5.4 latest everything.

2. HeyMonkey said:

In addition to the on/off video issues some other things I’ve noticed.

* Users are not always appearing in the room list when entering. I see them type something in the room and they are not on the list, a refresh of the user list usual solves it. As an owner/operator I therefore can’t do a proper job of policing the room as some users will come in and i dont see them register on the user list.

* When clicking on a User in the list to view their cam, the focus switches to the opened Cam. This is change of behaviour from 1.6 and earlier where focus stayed with the user list/chat room window.

Overall, this 1.7 feel less solid than the 1.6, something has changed in the way it works, and the chat room window size cannot be shrunk below a certain size. As has been previously reported, playing music in a room via Soundflower is no longer working either in 1.7 which is a shame, I didn’t find a better alternative yet.

Has the developer changed from 1.6 to 1.7 ? The application has a different feel about it now.

3. Doug Helke said:

email me! Happy Camfrog.
    thanks
    Doug aka 816_FR09

4. anyone else has a problem that when viewing cam to cam only half of their own cam displays ?

5. pink_pall said:

hi,please help me…there 3 days that i can not connet to camfrog’s chat….i have not firewall adn i tried to install and unistall camfrog but the problems is still there. Who can help me? why that happens?Perhaps someone Ban my IP from server? help me, thanks

6. MYSTERSHOPPER said:

Version 5, 2, 0, 169

Everything is working great!

Except the video pause issue, I test myself on video preview, it shows no freeze or no still picture or no white pause video while pausing video however other users can see my pause video but I see myself on preview is still moving.

Sometime it happens me forgeting to unpause my video, or it goes into the lurkers list, some people complain why they are going to lurkers list? well, because they forget to UNPAUSE their video. LOL.. tht’s point, they did not see “pause” on their video previews.

Suggestion: Try to fix big better alert or big word “PAUSE” will be placed on our video preview more clear, in order to let us know or make sure if our video is UNPAUSED or open before processing.

Cheers,
    MYSERYSHOPPER

7. I am still having video issues. When trying to open streaming video. I get this message: CAMFROG IS UNABLE TO CONECT TO THE VIDEO STREAMS IN THIS ROOM. P;EASE CHECK YOUR FIREWALL/ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE SETTING OR VISIT CAMFROG FAQ PAGE. I visited that FAQ page and nothing. I treid turning off my firewall..NOTHING. Disable my anti virus…STILL NOTHING. This is frustrating.

8. I am still having multimedia problems. i was on 4.1 since for long time. i did test see 5.0, still blurring (my cam) then i went back to 4.1 then heard 5.1 upgrade, so i download it, still the same problem. my upload average 80 to 100 kpbs since i live in deep country. myself i been camfrog addict since year 2004! i not happy with the blurring with new version since i did read that 5.1 uploading more speed than older one. so i would like it to be fixed some how. or open 4.1 again? either ways. let me know as soon as possible of a way for reduce require upload speeds?

email me! Happy Camfrog.
    thanks

9. mine camera is fine when someone told me they see me blur. i see them fine not blur. few of them blur. how i am?

10. i have downloaded camfrog over 5 times today and not working … everything else come up except when i click on video the whole thing shut down and a box pop up saying camfrog client module has stopped working …. what ????? im on window vista and etc . so how and why ?

11. I have the same problem as Ed on March 17, what is goign on, why can i not see people cams.

12. tonecontrol82 said:

Room list freezing up on camfrog 5.3. I have cable 10meg. No issue with camfrog 5.2 please advise.

13. baburoa said:

i m having with my webcam. i can see in preview its ok ,but when i enter the chat room my video does’nt appear . why it is happening like that . i reinstalled camfrog its same and i reinstalled the webcam driver its same . plz help me.

14. bloodyhellboys said:

Dear sir/madam

I have problems about that I can not connect to camfrog.could you help me? because I try to connect but it said please link to help and camfrog faq set forewall antivirus

I am look forward to hearing form you soon.

15. man40s said:

i cant connect to see web cam from others, comment said firewall problem and i close my firewall already but till cant see others people webcam

16. Hey.. i have some probs with my camfrog.. i cant seem to view the webcams… like some people listed above.. please mail me at chris21nian@yahoo.com or just answer here.. ived uploaded a sample of my prob link>> http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/NiAn4EvAh/sirangcam-1.jpg

17. Dhillen said:

I’ve turned off the firewall.. and even antivirus.. wht should i do ??

18. i cannot see no ones cam

19. Andrea Raimondi said:

I can’t find the link you mention in the frequently asked questions.
    Can you please point me at the correct instructions?

Thank you!

Andrew

20. i can not open my camfrog’s chat….i tried to install and unistall camfrog…. but the prob are still there… what happened? plsss help me.. tnx

21. Hi, My cam Cyberlink Youcam1.0 and it is not working in any chat room. Moreover I can not see anyone in any chatroom. It asays, “User has video error” or “This room requires camfrog pro”. I don’t know if really it needs cmfrog pro then why the hell they have created free camfrog.

22. MYSTERYSHOPPER said:

Did anyone try and fail to register new room name for Camfrog Server as of today, Wednesday Nov 18, 2009? it seems problem right now.

23. garudabiru said:

my Camfrog is unable to connect to the video streams in the room. its says “Please check your firewall/antivirus software settings or visit the Camfrog FAQ page”.what should i do,thank

24. indrokebo said:

25. I am still having video issues. When trying to open streaming video. I get this message: CAMFROG IS UNABLE TO CONECT TO THE VIDEO STREAMS IN THIS ROOM. P;EASE CHECK YOUR FIREWALL/ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE SETTING OR VISIT CAMFROG FAQ PAGE. I visited that FAQ page and nothing. I treid turning off my firewall..NOTHING. Disable my anti virus…STILL NOTHING.why????

26. SAME AS THE OTHERS MY CAMFROG IS UNABLE TO CONNECT MY VIDEO STREAM IN THIS ROOM,PLEASE CHECK FIREWALL/ANTIVIRUSSOFTWARE SETTING OR VISIT CAMFROG FAQ PAGE,will you plese give me the right instruction, thanx

27. It is telling my my camera is paused. And i can’t unpause it. I’m using a galaxy note 3. When I first join my camera worked great.